SEPANG: Police said 29 out of an estimated 400 residents who evaded the enhanced movement control order (EMCO) at Medan 88, Bandar Baru Salak Tinggi have returned to the area and surrendered to the authorities.
Sepang police chief ACP Wan Kamarul Azran Wan Yusof said today that 12 of them are Malaysians while the rest are from Indonesia, Thailand, India, Myanmar and Nepal.
He said the 29 residents comprised of 21 men and eight women.
Wan Kamarul said 324 residents in the area were screened for Covid-19 before and after the EMCO was implemented last Tuesday and 48 have tested positive for the virus to date.
After the EMCO was announced for the area on Tuesday, about 400 residents comprising mainly foreigners who were away at work did not return home to stay away from the restricted zone, prompting police to trace their whereabouts.
Those who tested positive for the coronavirus are linked to the Bah Medan cluster that was identified in Sepang late last month.