Pokemon Go introduces new research tasks with rewards for May 2020. This guide will list all the research tasks, and what players are rewarded with for completing them. Pokemon Go is currently one of the biggest mobile games on the marks. With millions of daily players all across the globe, the sense of community has never been higher for a Pokemon title. As with many businesses and other games, Pokemon Go has taken a massive hit due to the situation revolving around COVID-19. Officials around the globe have adopted the idea of social distancing, where people should remain 6 feet apart at all times and stay inside of their homes in almost every circumstance. For a game like Pokemon Go, where players are encouraged to go outside, explore their real-life world and capture Pokemon, this situation has taken a damper on the game. Although, the game has made some small changes to improve the gameplay experience for players who are staying indoors by introducing new perks like increased spawn rates, half the distance the hatch eggs, and double the time for Incense to work. Daily players are still completing their Research Task events and new ones just came in at the turn of the month. Here are the tasks and rewards for May 2020.
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
Research Tasks are special assignments given to the player at PokeStops across the globe. Players can have three active Research Tasks at once and each varies in difficulty to complete. It could be something simple like “Hatch 1 Egg” or “Capture 5 Pokemon” but for the higher rewards, players will need to complete more challenging tasks. Tasks such as “Win 5 Raids” or “Throw 2 Excellent Curve Throws In A Row”. These are rewarded with special items, encounters, or Stardust depending on the task. Once the player has completed 7 research tasks in 7 days (it does not have to be in a row), they will unlock a special encounter. These are locked into place in what they could possibly be. One event back in 2019 had the special prize be an opportunity to catch a Shiny legendary Pokemon from the third generation, Groudon or Kyogre. This change fairly frequently as new Pokemon is introduced into the game with big patches. Special Research tasks also count as Pokemon Go’s “Story Mode”. These can only be completed once and amongst the hardest to get done. May is finally here and it has come along with its own tasks to complete. Here is the complete list of Research Tasks for May 2020 in Pokemon Go.
May 2020 Tasks and Rewards in Pokemon Go
Here is the complete list of Research Tasks for May 2020. This ranges from catching Pokemon, participating in raids, trainer battles, hatching eggs, and doing tasks with friends.
- Catch 5 Pokemon with Weather Boost: Poliwag or Vulpix encounter; 200 Stardust, 3 Razz Berries, 1 Pinap Berry, or 5 Poke Balls.
- Catch 10 Pokemon with Weather Boost: 500 Stardust, 6 Razz Berries, 2 Pinap Berries, or 5 Great Balls.
- Catch 4 different species of Pokemon: 2 Rare Candies.
- Catch 3 Water-, Electric-, or Bug-type Pokemon: Raichu encounter.
- Catch 3 Electric-type Pokemon: Electabuzz encounter.
- Catch 10 Pokemon: Magikarp encounter; 200 Stardust, 3 Razz Berries, 1 Pinap Berry, or 5 Poke Balls
- Catch 10 Normal-type Pokemon: 500 Stardust, 6 Razz Berries, 2 Pinap Berries, or 5 Great Balls
- Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokemon: 500 Stardust, 6 Razz Berries, 2 Pinap Berries, or 5 Great Balls
- Catch a Dragon-type Pokemon: Dratini encounter; 1,500 Stardust, 3 Rare Candies, 2 Gold Razz Berries, or 10 Ultra Balls
- Catch a Ditto: 1,500 Stardust, 3 Rare Candies, 2 Gold Razz Berries, or 10 Ultra Balls
- Make 3 Great throws: Gastly, Anorith, or Lileep encounter; 200 Stardust, 3 Razz Berries, 1 Pinap Berry, or 5 Poke Balls
- Make 5 Nice throws: Voltorb encounter; 200 Stardust, 3 Razz Berries, 1 Pinap Berry, or 5 Poke Balls
- Make 3 Nice throws in a row: 500 Stardust, 2 Pinap Berries, 5 Great Balls, or 2 Ultra Balls
- Make 3 Great throws in a row: Onix encounter; 1,000 Stardust, 1 Rare Candy, 9 Razz Berries, 3 Pinap Berries, 10 Poke Balls, or 5 Ultra Balls
- Make 3 Great curveball throws: 1,000 Stardust, 1 Rare Candy, 9 Razz Berries, 3 Pinap Berries, 10 Poke Balls, or 5 Ultra Balls
- Make 3 Great curveball throws in a row: 1,500 Stardust, 3 Rare Candies, 2 Gold Razz Berries, or 10 Ultra Balls
- Make 5 Great curveball throws in a row: Spinda encounter
- Make an Excellent throw: 500 Stardust, 2 Pinap Berries, 5 Great Balls, or 2 Ultra Balls
- Make 3 Excellent throws in a row: Larvitar encounter
- Make 5 curveball throws in a row: 500 Stardust, 6 Razz Berries, 2 Pinap Berries, or 5 Great Balls
- Make 2 Nice curveball throws in a row: 200 Stardust, 3 Razz Berries, 1 Pinap Berry, or 5 Poke Balls
- Hatch an Egg: Electrike encounter.
- Transfer 3 Pokemon: Magnemite encounter
- Trade a Pokemon: Joltik encounter.
- Evolve a Pokemon: Eevee or Lanturn encounter.
- Power up Pokemon 5 times: Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle encounter.
- Send 3 Gifts to friends: Jolteon encounter
- Take a Snapshot of an Electric-type Pokemon: Voltorb encounter
- Spin 10 PokeStops or Gyms: 200 Stardust, 3 Razz Berries, 1 Pinap Berry, or 5 Poke Balls
- Earn 5 Hearts with your Buddy: 3 Silver Pinap Berries
- Give your Buddy 3 treats: Mareep encounter.
- Battle another trainer: Alolan Geodude encounter.
- Win a Raid: Jolteon encounter.
- Win 5 Raids: Aerodactyl encounter.
- Win a level 3 or higher Raid: Kabuto or Omanyte encounter.
- Win in the Go Battle League: Blitzle encounter.
Pokemon Go is continuing to support its community during these dark times by implementing small changes into its gameplay. Arguably one of the biggest changes comes from the Go League. Originally, players were required to walk 3km before being able to participate in another battle. Due to COVID-19, they have removed this 3km limitation and are currently allowing their players to play for as long as they’d like. While many people’s physical and mental health are potentially at an all-time low, its pleasant to see that Pokemon Go is helping in the small ways they can. The game has also introduced Remote Raid Passes, items that allow players to join in Raid Battles from a distance. These can be purchased from the shop and make it much easier (and safer) to participate in the monthly events. Research Tasks are designed to keep players coming back every day. Once the era of social distancing comes to an end, players will rush to the streets to catch up on what they have missed. There is no feeling quite like taking down a legendary Pokemon in a Raid Battle while in a crowd of people on the city streets.
Pokemon Go is available now on iOS and Android.
Final Fantasy VII Remake: Where to Find Aerith’s Bladed Staff